Helpful Information and Websites
When you book a Driving Lesson :
- You need to be at least 17 years of age
- You should have a provision driving licence
- Your Eyesight must meet current driving regulations
What you need to bring with you to your Lessons ?
- You will need to bring your provisional driving licence
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses you should bring them with you to every lesson
- On your first lesson your eyesight and provisional driving licience will be checked
- If you are transferring from another driving school in Preston bring your record of progress
What will I do on my first lesson?
- Beginners will usually cover controls of the car
- How to move off safely in a car
- How to stop the car safely
- If time permits - how to turn right and left safely
- If you have had lessons previously, you won’t need to start you from the beginning.
How many driving lessons will I need ?
- The number of lessons you need varies as all drivers are different.
- The national average is around 45 hours althought it depends on the learner
- You may need to take more or less depending on the rate of progress you are make
- You will be advise, based on many years of teaching experience - Instructors get to know there students abilities well.
What will I be driving?
- You will be driving my dual control automatic mercededs
Do I need my own car for the driving test?
- Normal practice is to take your driving test in your instructor’s vehicle that you have learnt to drive in.
- Please make sure you check with me first before booking your driving test to make sure the car is not already booked.
- This will ensure that I am available for the time and date of your test.
- It is advisable to listen to your highly experienced driving instructor in regards to your preparation for your driving test.
- Instructors are qualified driving experts and they should only take pupils to a test that they believe are truly ready.